Why do this?
- Enforcement/ease of use of company standard blocks/symbols, text, layers, assemblies etc.
- Ease of deployment in new versions of the product.
- Ease of when updating company standards in existing files by using the “Redefine” command found when right clicking a block in the ToolPalette.
- It just makes sense.
- Work off a backup, I cannot be held responsible for what you do.
- This was done using Civil 3D but should transcend versions if available.
Now that that’s out of the way,
Start by getting the files you’ll need from “C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2009\enu\Support\” grab the whole “ToolPalette” folder and copy it to a network location that everyone using AutoCAD has access to.